Owner Jason Masso said he’s been serving tartare at Marché 27 for six years and hasnever had a problem.
Not one he knows of.Val D’Or resident Isabelle St-Jean told CBC Daybreak host Mike Finnerty that she had been sick for several days and went for the hospital for tests, and that’s when she found out she had E. coli poisoning.
“They saw that I had E. coli … I was sick to my stomach for one week,” she said.
Masso said his restaurant has passed all inspections and he wants to reassure the public that he has addressed the problem and his restaurant is safe.
“I want to make sure this never happens again,” Masso told CTV News.
“There’s a lady that was hospitalized … like critically ill — that to me is extremely important.”
That’s the risks with raw meat.